- bubble_chartקטגוריהפיתוח תוכנה
- schoolנסיון5+ שנות ניסיון
- workסוג משרהמשרה מלאה
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Role and Opportunity
View Item and Transaction Flows Engineering team owns item details experience, end to end responsibility for auctions & offers, and SEO optimized landing experiences. In other words, this team is responsible for the heart of eBay. We drive billions of dollars in revenue via 100’s of millions of page views delivered daily across the globe, across all devices & browsers. Team and experience have great financial and customer impact and role has high visibility in the organization. In addition, being the core eBay experience, it has to delight the diverse customer base across the world. We ship often, get immediate user feedback and use experimentation to make decisions.
Team works on technologies such as Java, Node.js, web-services, browser-related technologies (jQuery, HTML5, etc.), iOS, Android and database solutions (NoSQL, Oracle, etc.). Like everything else at eBay, we build scalable and highly-available systems for the millions of users that depend on us to conduct their businesses.
Primary Job Responsibilities
We’re seeking a Member of technical Staff (MTS1) engineer with a proven track record of building great online (web and mobile) products. As a MTS 1, this person will be hands-on with product development, building high quality software. In addition, (s)he is expected to mentor other engineers while raising the bar on the team’s discipline and technical excellence. Being able to deal with complex systems while helping the rest of the team navigate ambiguity in requirements is very important. This role requires partnership and collaboration with other organizations throughout eBay, so (s)he must have great communication skills and the ability to work well with others. Having a good amount of experience with agile teams and methodologies is required.
If you have experience with clean code, patterns, code quality and Frontend open source technologies, we’ll be more than happy to see the following competencies as well:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in building large-scale distributed systems.
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software systems scaling beyond 1B requests/day and focused on improving buyer experience at eBay.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Craft optimized CSS with LESS or SASS
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform, and design constraints on the web.
- Propose and implement working prototypes for testing new ideas
- Drive architecture discussions, produce well-documented design docs, and participate in design and code reviews.
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack,, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Estimate engineering effort, plan execution cycles, and rollout system changes
- Partner effectively and influence peers, juniors and seniors both within the organization and across eBay
- Share engineering support, release, and on-call responsibilities for an always-on 24x7 site
במרכז המחקר והפיתוח הישראלי של eBay קרוב ל-300 עובדות ועובדים. רוב העבודה נעשית תחת חטיבת Structured Data (מידע מובנה), שאחראית להפוך את חוויית הקנייה באתר לאחידה, על ידי יצירת עמודי מוצר בצורה אוטומטית ורחבת היקף. ב-eBay כבר לא מדובר ב-Big Data, אלא ב-Huge Data, בהתחשב בעובדה כי בכל רגע נתון זורמת בפלטפורמה כמות Data של 1.5 מיליארד פריטים שזמינים למכירה באתר.