- schoolנסיון5+ שנות ניסיון
- workסוג משרהמשרה מלאה
General Motors Israel R&D Labs (Herzliya) is an applied research center focusing on creating and evaluating innovative concepts for future vehicles. Researchers at this center conduct independent research as well as collaborative projects with colleagues at GM, with academic and industrial partners, in Israel and abroad.
The Computer Vision and Perception group is performing research and concept development for automotive-relevant perception tasks. The main research goal is to advance perception capabilities for Autonomous Driving using multi-sensor (e.g. Cameras, Lidars and Radars) data as input. The research focus is at advancing state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms in all aspects including accuracy, robustness, data dependency, computational requirements and exploitability for a variety of relevant perception tasks.
About the role:
As a senior researcher in the group you will work closely with engineering colleagues to identify future challenges and possible solutions.
You will to develop a wide and long-term perspective of your research field and propose a principled research agenda, work on either applied research focused on a specific application or more fundamental research with potential outcomes for a variety of tasks.
In addition, you will contribute to the wider research community by collaborating with academic researchers and publishing papers.
- Define, lead and execute research projects
- Consistently demonstrate innovative thinking and strong partnership.
- Work with GM engineering departments to identify future challenges and possible solutions
- Lead research projects with multiple contributors (e.g. interns, contractors) and in collaboration with academy and industry partners
- Develop proof-of-concepts demonstrating technical plausibility towards a viable product
- Maintain a high academic level measured by publications, patents and other external contributions
- Observe evolving trends, lead the generation and evaluation of innovative technologies and concepts
- Develop and maintain a global network with key universities and labs; and GM-internal network of partners and stakeholders;
- Lead technical discussions and reviews as an expert in your field, and communicate results and progress across the organization.
What are we looking for?
- PhD in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Related technical field
- Over 5 years of research experience in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or a related technical field.
- Strong publication record (papers / patents / reports)
- Solid programming skills - C/C++/Python/Matlab or similar
- High level of interpersonal skills: experience working effectively with team members, parallel teams, colleagues and business partners, locally and internationally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively in English in a large corporate environment (involving leadership, peers, colleagues, internal customers)
ג'נרל מוטורס הוקמה ב-1908 הנהלת החברה ממוקמת בארה"ב והחברה מעסיקה היום למעלה מ-200 אלף עובדים ברחבי העולם. במרכז הפיתוח והמחקר של GM בהרצליה פיתוח מפנים את הזרקור אל עבר אחד מהנושאים היותר לוהטים בתעשיית הרכב והטכנולוגיה בשנים האחרונות - הרכב האוטונומי.